Untold is seeking a copywriter who can craft effective written content for print, interactive marketing, online campaigns, web, film and motion-based projects. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing against marketing strategies and developing short and long form copy solutions. The Senior Freelance Copywriter will collaborate with a team that includes Content Strategist, Creative Director and Designer.
Although it is not a requirement, we will place strong emphasis on LOCAL (Charlotte, NC) talent for this role; someone who can work on-site at Untold as needed.
Please note that this is a contract position.
- Works with the Creative Director and department team to develop concepts and write long and short form copy.
- Works collectively with one or more designers and manages any freelance copy needs.
- Follows creative briefs by interpreting instructions and collaborating with team to produce best-in-class ideas.
- Writes, revises and edits all copy.
- Works with Content Strategist to ensure all copy adheres to content plans and/or user-flow strategies.
- Reviews the work of project teams, taking consistency of design and messaging, strategic accuracy and adherence to client goals and brand guidelines into account.
- Incorporates client revisions and feedback as appropriate.
- Communicates the progress of copy related creative development to Project Manager.
- Delivers products in a timely fashion to meet set deadlines.
- Versed in speaking to consumer and business audiences
- Not required but a bonus: B2B experience, preferably in Trucking or Boating
Experience + Education
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience (in advertising or marketing communications)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business Writing, Advertising or related discipline
- Relevant work experience in copywriting, strong attention to details, team orientation and communication skills along with excellent proofreading skills are essential requirements
- Portfolio with samples of at least some of the following marketing types: print ads, brochures, articles, direct mail, email, web pages.
We are located inside of the NC Music Factory in Charlotte’s historic Fourth Ward, N.C. Our office sits backstage to the Uptown Amphitheater and is in the heart of the city’s nightlife. Our space comes fully-loaded with foosball, ping pong, Xbox and a lab dedicated to emerging technologies.
How to Apply
Please send resume and link to digital portfolio when applying.