We are looking for motion graphic animators with a eye for illustration and design composition. Untold is a design-driven production company that places emphasis on design sensibility with every narrative solution–regardless of visual style or format.
We need a design-oriented animator who can jump into a project at any phase. You should feel comfortable with starting a new design and then animating or taking over a design already in progress and seeing it through to final polish. From idea creation, to storyboarding, to design and through animation… the Motion Graphic Designer’s hands will be everywhere.
Designers should be willing to work as part of a team and independently. An animator who designs should be able to assist the Creative Director in leading a team whenever necessary. We need animators with varying degrees of experience, so please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Comfortable working in various design styles and aesthetics.
- Have a cohesive understanding of motion and how design frames will translate into an animated piece.
- In-depth experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Have an eye for composition, color, and design
- For 2D – AE and the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- For 3D – C4D
Additional Experience (a plus):
- 3D motion graphics using Cinema4D and X-Particles.
- Experience with AE particle plugins Trapcode Suite and Element 3D.
- Experience with dynamic animation and/or Octane experience a plus.
We are located inside of the NC Music Factory in uptown Charlotte, N.C. Our office sits backstage to the Uptown Amphitheater and is in the heart of uptown nightlife. Our space also comes fully loaded with Ping Pong, rad tech and a fun contemporary, open space work atmosphere.
How to Apply
While freelance animators will be considered for other opportunities, this is a full-time salary position with benefits. You will be expected to work on-site at our offices in Charlotte, NC. No phone calls or recruiting agencies, please. Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.
Please send resume and link to your demo reel (or equivalent portfolio) when you apply.
Applications must be received by May 30, 2017.