Let’s assume the rumors are true and today is the big day. Why will I be buying in?
1. My iPhone 4 looks like the guy above. One little 4-foot fall onto asphalt and my precious iPhone desperately needs a little TLC. And this time, I swear I am getting an Otterbox.
2. The team will tell you, I am in desperate need of a personal assistant. I have been jealous of Siri since October 2011, but I just couldn’t justify a new phone just for an “s”. From 4 to 5? Now, that’s worthwhile.
3. Did someone say turn-by-turn directions? The developers on our team have the beta version of the iOS 6 and the new maps app is beautiful and fantastic. It also should keep my eyes on the road. . . assuming I am not texting.
4. I need a clean slate for apps. I tend to download fad apps without over-thinking. And I am not good at letting go and deleting them. Two hundred and thirty one apps later and I am missing my clean Apple aesthetic.
5. “Nobody needs flash.“
6. With all of my family and college best friends in far, far away places, I am a bit of a FaceTime addict. I spend quality digital time with my sister and perfect baby nephew weekly. Ok, that is a lie. It is closer to daily. The rumored improved HD-quality front-facing camera is a major selling point for this doting aunt.
Is is 9.12.2012 yet?